This Leg Exercise is one of the simplest Body Weight Exercises and Targets your Hamstring and Glute Muscles while also Working your Core
Welcome to our Glute Bridges Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this Body Weight exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Glute Exercises so you can immediately add to your Glute Workouts, Leg Workouts and other Weight Training Routines.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises yet? See if our Glute Bridges made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Glute Bridges|
|Equipment Required:||*Body Weight Exercise|
*For additional resistance, place a barbell horizontally across your hips or a dumbbell or weight plate.
Exercise Description and Instruction:
Glute Bridges are one the most simple body weight exercises and can be performed anytime, anywhere. The leg exercise targets your glutes (gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus) and hamstring muscles with only the weight of your body.
Also, make sure you check out some related, popular exercises. Try Flutter Kicks and Leg Lifts.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Lie on your back flat on the floor with your hands at your sides and your knees bent. Your feet should be shoulder width apart. This will be your starting position.
- Exhale and lift your hips off the floor by pushing with your heels and keeping your back straight.
- Hold this position at the top for a few seconds before breathing in and slowly lowering your torso to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise for the prescribed number of repetitions.
Other Popular Leg Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Lower Body Exercises. These pages link to all of our variations of the most popular leg exercises:
- Calf Raises
- Front Squat
- Hack Squats
- Split Squats
- Step Ups
Now that you’ve seen Glute Bridges, which primarily target your Glutes, check out all of our different Glute Exercises.
Also view our Leg Exercises Page, which links to our Glute Exercises as well as our Calf Exercises, Hamstring Exercises, and Quadriceps Exercises.
Finally, if you found this page of interest, check out these related pages:
- Best Leg Exercises
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Compound Exercises
- Leg Workouts
- Fat Loss Workouts and Fat Burning Exercises
- Muscle Building Workouts and Strength Training Exercises