Strengthen your Upper and Lower Abdominals with this Abs Exercise
Welcome to our Ab Crunch Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do standard crunches using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this abs exercise.
Have you checked out or list of the 6 Best Ab Exercises yet? See if the ab crunch made the list!
|Exercise Name:||Ab Crunch|
|Equipment Required:||Bodyweight Only|
Exercise Description and Instruction
Crunches are one of the oldest and most common abdominal exercises. Here they’re pictured with your heels on a flat bench. This is not required, but helps keep your back against the floor.
To Perform this Exercise:
- Lie on your pack with your feet up on a bench and your knees bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Place your hands across your chest or on either side of your head.
- Raise your head, shoulders and chest off the floor and towards your knees, crunching your abs.
- Hold the position for a moment and then lower to the starting position.
- Keep your hips straight and your lower back against the floor during this exercise.
Now that you’ve seen the ab crunch, check out all of our different abs exercises. Or, view some of the most pupular abs exercises and related pages below.
Additional Abs Exercises and Variations:
Check out some of our other popular Abs Exercises and Variations:
- Swiss Ball Jackknife
- Hip Raises
- Bicycle Crunch Exercise
- Side Plank Exercise
- Oblique Crunches and the Decline Oblique Crunch
- Ab Rollout
Check out these other pages of interest:
- Our Chosen 6 Best Ab Exercises
- Fat Loss Workouts and Fat Burning Exercises
- Tips to Lose Weight
- Healthy Diet Tips
- Weight Loss Myths