Isolate Your Abdominals with this Abs Exercise
Welcome to our Ab Rollout Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this core exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other abs exercises so you can immediately add to your abdominal workouts, fat loss workouts, and other weight training programs.
Have you checked out or list of the 6 Best Ab Exercises yet? See if this abs exercise made the list!
|Deltoids and Lats for Stabilization; Lower Back
Exercise Description and Instruction:
The ab rollout is a great core strengthening exercise. If the movement is new to you, start with the Ab Rollout on Knees.
To Perform this Exercise:
- Place a barbell on the floor at your feet.
- Bending at the waist, grip the barbell with a shoulder with overhand grip.
- With a slow controlled motion, roll the bar out so that your back is straight.
- Roll back up raising your hips and butt as you return to the starting position.
- Perform this exercise in a slow and controlled manner.
- Keep your arms straight throughout the exercise.
Now that you’ve seen the ab rollout, learn all of our abs exercises. Or, view some of the most pupular abs exercises and related pages below.
Additional Abs Exercises and Variations:
Check out some of our other popular Abs Exercises and Variations:
- Swiss Ball Jackknife
- Hip Raises
- Bicycle Crunch Exercise
- Side Plank Exercise
- Oblique Crunches and the Decline Oblique Crunch
- Ab Rollout
Check out these other pages of interest:
- Our Chosen 6 Best Ab Exercises
- Fat Loss Workouts and Fat Burning Exercises
- Tips to Lose Weight
- Healthy Diet Tips
- Weight Loss Myths