Alternate Hammer Curl
Try this Version of the Alternate Bicep Curl, which uses Dumbbells to work the Biceps
Welcome to our Alternate Hammer Curl Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the alternate bicep curl using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other bicep exercises.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? See if this bicep exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Alternate Hammer Curl|
|Exercise Type:||Pull, Isolation|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This weight training exercise is a single arm version of the Bicep Hammer Curl. It uses dumbbells and a slightly different motion than the alternate bicep curl to hit other areas of your forearms and biceps.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Stand with our feet shoulder width apart, your knees slightly bent and your abs drawn in.
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand so your palms are facing each other.
- Extend your arms so they are at the sides of your body.
- While keeping your elbows in the same position, lift your left arm in an arc towards your left shoulder.
- Lower your arm and repeat with your right arm.
- Keep your elbows in the same position throughout the exercise. They should be drawn in to your torso, shoulder width apart.
- Keep your knees slightly bent to help prevent yourself from swinging your torso.
Check out these variations of other hammer curl exercises:
- Bicep Hammer Curl (Two arms)
- Cross Body Hammer Curl
- Preacher Hammer Curl
- Hammer Curls With Rope
Now that you’ve seen the Alternate Hammer Curl, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Bicep Workouts and Tricep Workouts
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises