Barbell Hack Squats
This Hack Squats Variation Uses a Barbell rather than a Weight Machine to Blast your Quadriceps, Hamstrings, Glutes, and Calves
Welcome to our Barbell Hack Squat Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of Hack Squats using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Leg Exercises so you can immediately add to your Leg Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises yet? See if this Hack Squats variation made the list.
|Barbell Hack Squat
|Calves, Forearms, Hamstrings, Glutes
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Leg Exercise is a free weight variation of Hack Squats. Not only does it target all of your leg muscles, but your upper body is also utilized to complete the lift because you have to hold the weight of the barbell.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Place the barbell on the floor just behind your legs and stand with your feet shoulder width apart and your toes pointing forward.
- With your feet firmly placed on the floor, reach down and grasp the barbell from behind with and overhand grip.
- Next, lift the barbell by extending your knees and hips by pressing upwards and maintaining an equal distribution of weight on your forefoot and heel.
- Pause for a moment at the top of the lift then lower yourself by squatting back down until your thighs are parallel to the floor.Repeat the exercise for the prescribed number of sets.
- Practice the hack squats without any weight to allow yourself to become comfortable with the movements.
- Keep your head facing forward, your back straight and your feet flat on the floor throughout the exercise. You should maintain equal weight distribution on your forefoot and heel during the lift.
Other Popular Leg Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Lower Body Exercises. These pages link to all of our variations of the most popular leg exercises:
- Calf Raises
- Hack Squats
- Step Ups
Now that you’ve seen the Barbell Hack Squat, which primarily targets your Quads, check out all of our different Quadriceps Exercises.
Also view our Leg Exercises Page, which links to our Quadriceps Exercises as well as our Calf Exercises, Glute Exercises and Hamstring Exercises.
Finally, if you found this page of interest, check out these related pages:
- Best Leg Exercises
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Muscle Building Workouts and Fat Loss Workouts
- Strength Training Exercises and Fat Burning Exercises