Barbell Incline Triceps Extensions
This Tricep Exercise uses an Incline Bench and a Barbell or EZ Curl Bar to Blast your Triceps
Welcome to our Barbell Incline Triceps Extension Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of Triceps Extension using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Tricep Exercises so you can immediately add to your Arm Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Tricep Exercises yet? See if this Tricep Exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Barbell Incline Triceps Extension|
|Exercise Type:||Push, Isolation|
|Equipment Required:||Barbell or EZ Curl Bar, Incline Bench|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Weight Training Exercise is a variation of standard Triceps Extension and uses an incline bench and a barbell to isolate your triceps. It can also be performed with dumbbells. See Dumbbell Incline Triceps Extension.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Lie on an incline bench and hoist a barbell or EZ Curl Bar over your head. You should grip the bar with a close grip (4-6 inches apart).
- Lower your arms in a slight arc so your forearms are touching your biceps.
- Pause for a moment then slowly return to the starting position by extending your arms and pressing the weight above your head.
- Stay seated and keep your feet firmly on the floor throughout this exercise.
- Keep your elbows in a fixed position throughout the exercise.
Additional Tricep Exercises and Variations:
Check out some of our other popular Arm Exercises and Variations:
- Close Grip Bench Press
- Skull Crushers
- Tricep Pushdown
- Tricep Kickback
- Triceps Extension
- Tricep Dips
Now that you’ve seen the Barbell Incline Triceps Extension, check out all of our different Tricep Exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Workouts and Bicep Workouts
- Best Tricep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises