Bicep Curl with Deadlift
Try this Compound Exercise and Super-Powered Bicep Curl, which Includes the Deadlift
Welcome to our Bicep Curl with Deadlift Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this compound exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other weight training exercises.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? How about our best leg exercises? See if this compound exercise made either list!
|Exercise Name:||Bicep Curl with Deadlift|
|Secondary Muscle(s):||Calves, Forearms, Hamstrings, Lats, Lower Back|
|Exercise Type:||Pull, Compound|
|Equipment Required:||Barbell or EZ Bar|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This version of the Bicep Curl adds Deadlifts, one of the best Compound Exercises.
Due to the bicep curl portion of the exercise, you can only use a limited amount of weight. Therefore, this exercise is primarily a bicep exercise and should be used in fat loss workouts rather than muscle building workouts. Let’s face it: if you can’t dead lift more than you can curl, then you either have bigger arms than the incredible hulk or some pretty serious back problems.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Squat down and grasp a barbell or EZ Curl Bar with a shoulder width or slightly narrower underhand grip (palms facing up).
- Standing with your feet shoulder width apart, your knees slightly bent, and your back straight, draw your abs in and the lift bar by extending hips and knees to full extension.
- Curl the bar by bending at the elbows bringing your wrists to your shoulders and keeping your elbows in a locked position.
- Extend your arms and return the bar to the standing position at your thighs.
- Return to the starting position by bending at the waist and bringing the bar back down to just above the floor.
- Perform this exercise in front of a mirror at first so that you can monitor and correct your form.
Check out some of our other compound exercises that are primarily bicep exercises:
- Bicep Curl Squat
- Forward Lunge With Bicep Curl
- Lateral Lunge With Bicep Curl
Now that you’ve seen the Bicep Curl with Deadlift, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Bicep Workouts and Tricep Workouts
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises