This Chest Exercise Mimics Chest Flys and is a Simple and Effective way to Isolate your Chest Muscles
Welcome to our Butterfly Exercise Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this chest exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Weight Training Exercises so you can immediately add to your Weight Training Programs and next Chest Workout.
Have you seen our Best Chest Exercises list yet? See if this chest exercise made the cut!
|Exercise Name:||Butterfly Exercise|
|Exercise Type:||Isolation, Push|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This isolation chest exercise mimics the movement of Chest Flys on a weight machine. This exercise and all variations of chest flys work your pectoralis major from a different motion than bench press exercise variations, like the Dumbbell Bench Press.
Bench press exercise variations should be the bulk of your chest workouts, but variations of Chest Flys and Dumbbell Pullover variations are good weight training exercises to sprinkle in.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Sit on the machine with your back flat and adjust the height of the seat so that the pads of the machine are at your chest height. Your forearms should be positioned against the pads.
- Exhale and push the pads together as you squeeze your chest. The pads meet in the middle.
- Hold this position for a moment then inhale and return to the starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Be very conservative with the amount of weight you choose if you are not comfortable with this movement.
- Concentrate on squeezing your chest muscles as you lower and raise the weight.
Other Popular Upper Body Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Arm Exercises and Variations:
- Close Grip Bench Press
- Bent Over Row
- Dumbbell Bench Press
- Chin Ups and Pull Ups
- Triceps Extension
Now that you’ve seen the Butterfly Exercise, which isolate your pectorals, check out all of our different Chest Exercises.
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- Weight Training Exercises
- Chest Exercises Main Page and Best Chest Exercises List
- Muscle Building Workouts
- Fat Loss Workouts