Isolate your Chest Muscles with this Version of Chest Flys done at a Cable Station
Welcome to our Cable Crossover Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this chest exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Weight Training Exercises so you can immediately add to your Weight Training Programs and next Chest Workout.
Have you seen our Best Chest Exercises list yet? See if this exercise made the cut! Also, make sure to view our cable exercises page for a list of weight training exercises done with a cable pulley.
|Exercise Name:||Cable Crossover|
|Exercise Type:||Isolation, Push|
|Equipment Required:||Cable Pulley|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This crossover exercise is an isolation chest exercise that work your pectoralis major from a different motion than bench press exercise variations, like the Dumbbell Bench Press. Bench press exercise variations should be the bulk of your chest workouts, but variations of Chest Flys and Dumbbell Pullover variations are good weight training exercises to sprinkle in.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Attach handles to the higher pulleys of both cable machines and stand between the two machines with your legs and waist slightly bent.
- Grip the handles of the pulleys with your palms facing down and your arms out to your sides.
- Exhale and focus on using your chest to slowly pull the handles down towards the floor until they touch or cross over in front of you.
- Hold this position for a moment then slowly return to the starting position along the same path.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Be very conservative with the amount of weight you choose if you are not comfortable with this movement.
- Picture yourself hugging a wide tree.
- Your arms should remain stationary throughout the exercise. The movement should only occur at the shoulder joint.
- Concentrate on squeezing your chest muscles as you lower and raise the weight.
Other Popular Upper Body Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Arm Exercises and Variations:
- Close Grip Bench Press
- Bent Over Row
- Dumbbell Bench Press
- Chin Ups and Pull Ups
- Triceps Extension
Now that you’ve seen the Cable Crossover, which isolate your pectorals, check out all of our different Chest Exercises.
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- Weight Training Exercises
- Chest Exercises Main Page and Best Chest Exercises List
- Muscle Building Workouts
- Fat Loss Workouts