Isolate Your Abdominal Muscles with Ab Crunch Variation
Welcome to our Cable Crunch Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to ge the most out of this and other abs exercises so you can immediately add to your abdominal workouts, fat loss workouts, and other workout routines.
Have you checked out or list of the 6 Best Ab Exercises yet? See if this abs exercise made the list!
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This abdominal exercise is also one of our cable exercises as it adds resistance with weight on a cable pulley to the standard ab crunch.
To Perform this Exercise:
- Attach a rope to a high cable pulley and place a bench in front of the cable weight stack.
- Grasp the rope over your shoulders and sit with your back towards the stack.
- With your feet firmly on the floor and keeping your hips steady, flex at the waist bringing your elbows towards your knees.
- Pause for a moment and return to the starting position.
- Perform this exercise in a slow and controlled manner. Picture your abs crunching like an accordion throughout the exercise
Now that you’ve seen the cable crunch, check out all of our different abs exercises. Or, view some of our most popular abs exercises and other related pages below.
Additional Abs Exercises and Variations:
Check out some of our other popular Abs Exercises and Variations:
- Swiss Ball Jackknife
- Hip Raises
- Bicycle Crunch Exercise
- Side Plank Exercise
- Oblique Crunches and the Decline Oblique Crunch
- Ab Rollout
Check out these other pages of interest:
- Our Chosen 6 Best Ab Exercises
- Fat Loss Workouts and Fat Burning Exercises
- Tips to Lose Weight
- Healthy Diet Tips
- Weight Loss Myths