Cable Front Raise
This Deltoid and Trapezius Exercise uses a Cable Pulley to Blast your Shoulder Muscles
Welcome to our Cable Front Raise Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this shoulders exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Shoulder Exercises so you can immediately add to your next Shoulder Workout Routine and other Weight Training Routines.
Have you seen our Best Shoulder Exercises page yet? See if this deltoid and trapezius exercise made the list!
|Exercise Name:||Cable Front Raise|
|Exercise Type:||Isolation, Push|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This shoulder exercise is a variation of the front raise, one of the standard shoulder exercise movements. In the lift, you’ll hit your deltoid and trapezius muscles using a cable pulley on the lowest setting.
You can also do the front raise as a Barbell Exercise or a Dumbbell Exercise. See the Barbell Front Raise and Dumbbell Front Raise.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Attach a handle to the cable pulley at the lowest setting and stand with your back facing the tower and the handle in your left hand in front of your left thigh at arms length. You should grasp the handle with an overhand grip (palms facing your thighs). This will be your starting position.
- While keeping your body stationary, exhale and lift the left handle in front of you until your arm is just above your shoulder and past parallel to the floor. During the lift, maintain only a slight bend in your elbow and keep your palms pointed down. Your wrists should firm and straight.
- Once your arm is past parallel to the floor, pause for a moment, then inhale and slowly lower the weight to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement for the desired number of repetitions, then switch arms and repeat.
- Keep your body stationary, not allowing your torso to swing as your lift the weight. It may help to bend your knees slightly as you perform the lift.
- Keep your wrists straight with your palms facing down and maintain a slight bend in the elbow.
- Concentrate on only moving at the shoulder joint to complete each repetition.
Now that you’ve seen the Cable Front Raise, check out all of our different Shoulder Exercises. Or, view some of our most popular shoulder exercises and other related pages below.
Most Popular Deltoid and Trapezius Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Shoulder Exercises and Variations:
- Iron Cross Exercise
- Dumbbell Shoulder Press
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise
- Barbell Shrugs and Dumbbell Shrug
- Barbell Upright Row and Cable Upright Row
Final Related Pages
- Best Shoulder Exercises
- Back Exercises and Best Back Exercises
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Muscle Building Workouts and Strength Training Exercises
- Fat Loss Workouts and Fat Burning Exercises