Cable Preacher Curl
This Bicep Exercise uses the Cable Pulley and a Preacher Curl Bench to Isolate your Biceps
Welcome to our Cable Preacher Curl Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the bicep curl using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other bicep exercises so you can immediately add to your bicep workouts.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? See if this bicep exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Cable Preacher Curl|
|Exercise Type:||Pull, Isolation|
|Equipment Required:||Cable; Preacher Curl Bench|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Bicep Exercise is one of our cable exercises and utilizes a Preacher Curl Bench to Isolate your Biceps.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Place a preacher curl bench in front of a cable machine.
- Attach a short bar to the bottom pulley.
- Rest your arms against the bench and extend them fully.
- With a narrow grip (6 inches) grasp the bar underhand (palms facing up) and pull it towards your head.
- Pause for a moment and then lower the bar back to starting position.
Most gym preacher curl benches are fastened to the ground, making this bicep exercise difficult to do. However, if you can drag your preacher curl bench near the cable, it’s a great exercise to try.
Check out these preacher curl variations:
- One Arm Preacher Curl
- Preacher Hammer Curl
- Zottman Preacher Curl
- Preacher Bar Curl
Now that you’ve seen the Cable Preacher Curl, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Bicep Workouts and Tricep Workouts
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises