Cable Triceps Extension
This Tricep Exercise uses a Cable Pulley and Rope to Isolate your Triceps
Welcome to our Cable Triceps Extension Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of Triceps Extension using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Tricep Exercises so you can immediately add to your Tricep Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Tricep Exercises yet? See if this Tricep Exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Cable Triceps Extension|
|Exercise Type:||Push, Isolation|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Weight Training Exercise is one of our Cable Exercises and is a version of the standard Triceps Extension. The exercise is pictured below using ropes, however it can also be performed using a short bar or other cable grip.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, your back straight and your abs drawn in.
- Attach Ropes to a low-pulley and hold the ropes in both hands behind your head, with your palms facing each other.
- Extend your arms fully over your head by pushing and contracting with your triceps.
- Pause for a moment then slowly return the ropes to the starting position by behind your head.
- Keep your elbows close in a fixed position close to your sides throughout the exercise.
Additional Tricep Exercises and Variations:
Check out some of our other popular Arm Exercises and Variations:
- Close Grip Bench Press
- Skull Crushers
- Tricep Pushdown
- Tricep Kickback
- Triceps Extension
- Tricep Dips
Now that you’ve seen the Cable Triceps Extension, check out all of our different Tricep Exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Workouts and Bicep Workouts
- Best Tricep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises