Cross Body Hammer Curl
Try this Version of the Bicep Curl, which uses Dumbbells and a Crossing Motion to work the Biceps
Welcome to our Cross Body Hammer Curl Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the hammer curl using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other bicep exercises so that you can add immediately to your bicep workouts.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? See if this bicep exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Cross Body Hammer Curl|
|Exercise Type:||Pull, Isolation|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This weight training exercise is a variation of the the Bicep Hammer Curl. It uses dumbbells and a slightly crossing motion to hit other areas of your forearms and biceps.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Standing grab a dumbbell in each arm palms facing in to your sides.
- While keeping your palms facing in (and not twisting your arms) curl the dumbbell up towards your opposite shoulder.Return the dumbbell to the starting position in a slow controlled manner.
- Keep your elbows in the same position throughout the exercise. They should be drawn in to your torso, shoulder width apart.
- Keep your knees slightly bent to help prevent yourself from swinging your torso.
- Do not turn your wrists during the exercise
Check out these variations of other hammer curl exercises:
- Alternate Hammer Curl
- Bicep Hammer Curl (Two Arms)
- Preacher Hammer Curl
- Hammer Curls With Rope
Now that you’ve seen the Cross Body Hammer Curl, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Bicep Workouts and Tricep Workouts
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises