Decline Close Grip Bench Press to Skull Crusher
This Barbell Exercise is done on a Decline Bench and Combines two classic Tricep Exercises
Welcome to our Decline Close Grip Bench to Skull Crusher Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn the correct way to do this compound exercise, which combines two of the Best Tricep Exercises. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Arm Exercises so you can immediately add to your Arm Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Tricep Exercises yet? See if this Tricep Exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Decline Close Grip Bench to Skull Crusher|
|Secondary Muscle(s):||Chest, Deltoids|
|Exercise Type:||Push, Compound|
|Equipment Required:||Barbell or EZ Curl Bar, Decline Bench|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Tricep Exercise is one of the great Weight Training Exercises that primarily trains your triceps. It is done on a decline bench with a barbell or EZ Curl Bar and combines two classic triceps exercises: Close Grip Bench Press and Skull Crushers.
Perform This Exercise:
- Lay with your back on a flat bench and grip a barbell with a close grip (6-8 inches apart).
- While keeping your arms close to your sides, lower the bar so it touches your chest at your sternum.
- Slowly return to starting position pressing upwards and concentrating on your triceps.
- At the top of the exercise, bend your arms while keeping your elbows in a locked position and lower the weight until it is just above your head.
- Pause for a moment the raise the bar back up to the starting position by extending your arms and repeat.
- Concentrate on feeling the exercise in your triceps during each portion of the exercise.
- Keep your elbows in near your sides during the Close Grip Bench Press portion of the exercise and in a fixed position during the Skull Crusher.
Additional Tricep Exercises and Variations:
Check out some of our other popular Arm Exercises and Variations:
- Close Grip Bench Press
- Skull Crushers
- Tricep Pushdown
- Tricep Kickback
- Triceps Extension
- Tricep Dips
Now that you’ve seen the Decline Close Grip Bench to Skull Crusher, check out all of our different Tricep Exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Workouts and Bicep Workouts
- Best Tricep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises