This Bicep Exercise uses a Barbell, Different Motion, and Different Grip to Isolate your Biceps
Welcome to our Drag Curl Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the bicep curl using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other bicep exercises so you can immediately add to your bicep workouts.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? See if this bicep exercise made the list.
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This version of the Bicep Curl is utilizes a barbell, a different motion, and a different grip to isolate your biceps and work your forearms.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, your knees slightly bent and your abs drawn in.
- Grasp the bar with a shoulder width overhand grip (palms down) and extend your arms fully so they are against your thighs.
- Slowly raise your arms, palms down, to touch your chest.
- Do not move your elbows or shoulders during this exercise.
Check out some of our other popular bicep curl variations.
- Close Grip Bicep Curl
- Bicep Curl
- Concentration Curl
- Preacher Bar Curl
Now that you’ve seen the Drag Curl, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Bicep Workouts and Tricep Workouts
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises