Dumbbell Reverse Triceps Extension
This Tricep Exercise is a Triceps Extension Variation that uses Dumbbells and a Reverse Motion to Blast the Triceps
Welcome to our Dumbbell Reverse Triceps Extension Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of Triceps Extension using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Tricep Exercises so you can immediately add to your Arm Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Tricep Exercises yet? See if this Tricep Exercise made the list.
|Dumbbell Reverse Triceps Extension
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Weight Training Exercise is a great variation of Triceps Extension but is done lying on a bench and with a different movement to isolate your triceps. It is very similar to Barbell Reverse Triceps Extension but uses dumbbells rather than a barbell.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Lie flat on a bench with your head at one end and grasp dumbbells in each hand at arms length over your shoulders.
- Lower the dumbbells in an arc by bending your elbows until your forearms are touching your biceps just behind your head.
- Slowly return to the starting position by fully extending your arms and pressing with your triceps.
- Practice this exercise with light weight to get used to the movements.
- Keep your elbows in a fixed position throughout the exercise.
Additional Tricep Exercises and Variations:
Check out some of our other popular Arm Exercises and Variations:
- Close Grip Bench Press
- Skull Crushers
- Tricep Pushdown
- Tricep Kickback
- Triceps Extension
- Tricep Dips
Now that you’ve seen the Dumbbell Reverse Triceps Extension, check out all of our different Tricep Exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Workouts and Bicep Workouts
- Best Tricep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises