Dumbbell Side Bends
One of our Favorite Obliques Exercises for your Workout Routines
Welcome to our Dumbbell Side Bends Exercise instruction guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to ge the most out of this and other abs exercises so you can immediately add to your abdominal workouts, fat loss workouts, and other workout routines.
Have you checked out or list of the 6 Best Ab Exercises yet? See if this abs exercise made the list!
|Exercise Name:||Dumbbell Side Bends|
*This exercise is pictured below using a dumbbell, however you can also do the side bend while holding a barbell in one hand at your side or on a cable pulley by attaching the handle and putting the cable on the lowest setting to the floor.
Exercise Description and Instruction:
Dumbbell Side Bends are one of our core strengthening exercises a work the obliques, the muscles on the sides of your abs. The obliques and abs are commonly worked together and this exercise can be a great addition to your abdominal workouts or fat loss workouts.
To Perform this Exercise:
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, your knees slightly bent and your abs drawn in.
- Grasp a dumbbell in one hand and standing straight upright bend at the waist as far as possible to one side.
- Slowly return back up to the staring position and switch the dumbbell to your other hand to repeat the exercise.
- Be careful to bend only at your waist and not at the hips or knees.
- This weight training exercise is pictured as a dumbbell exercise, but it can also be performed while holding a barbell in one hand at your side.
Now that you’ve seen the Dumbbell Side Bends, check out the rest of our abs exercises. Or, view some of our most popular abs exercises and other related pages below.
Additional Abs Exercises and Variations:
Check out some of our other popular Abs Exercises and Variations:
- Swiss Ball Jackknife
- Hip Raises
- Bicycle Crunch Exercise
- Side Plank Exercise
- Oblique Crunches and the Decline Oblique Crunch
- Ab Rollout
Check out these other pages of interest:
- Our Chosen 6 Best Ab Exercises
- Fat Loss Workouts and Fat Burning Exercises
- Tips to Lose Weight
- Healthy Diet Tips
- Weight Loss Myths