Dumbbell Squats to Bench
During this Dumbbell Squats Variation, You’ll Descend on to a Bench to Ensure you’re Going Deep Enough
Welcome to our Dumbbell Squats to Bench Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of Dumbbell Squats using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Leg Exercises so you can immediately add to your Leg Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises yet? See if this squats variation made the list.
|Dumbbell Squats to Bench
|Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings, Lower Back
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Leg Exercise is a variation of Dumbbell Squats. During the exercise, you’ll be descending on to a bench to ensure you’re going deep enough in your squat. You will likely have to use less weight than you do during normal Dumbbell Squats because your momentum is taken away when you pause on the bench.
You can also place the bench long ways and place your feet on each side of the bench.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Start by setting up a bench behind you and holding dumbells at your sides and your feet shoulder width apart.
- Slowly lower the weight by bending forward at the knees and allowing your hips to bend back as if you are sitting down (squatting). You should descend until your butt touches the bench.
- Without resting on the bench, return to the starting position standing straight up by pressing upwards and exteding your legs while maintaining an equal distribution of weight on your forefoot and heel. Continue looking forward
- Once you have returned to the starting position, pause for a moment then and repeat.
- Practice the squats without any weight to allow yourself to become comfortable with the movements.
- Keep your head facing forward, your back straight and your feet flat on the base throughout the exercise. You should maintain equal weight distribution on your forefoot and heel during the lift
Other Popular Leg Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Lower Body Exercises. These pages link to all of our variations of the most popular leg exercises:
- Calf Raises
- Hack Squats
- Split Squats
- Step Ups
Now that you’ve seen Dumbbell Squats to Bench, which primarily target your Quads, check out all of our different Quadriceps Exercises.
Also view our Leg Exercises Page, which links to our Quadriceps Exercises as well as our Calf Exercises, Glute Exercises and Hamstring Exercises.
Finally, if you found this page of interest, check out these related pages:
- Best Leg Exercises
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Compound Exercises
- Leg Workouts
- Fat Loss Workouts
- Muscle Building Workouts