This Simple Body Weight Exercise Targets your Hamstring and Glute Muscles and can be Performed Anytime, Anywhere
Welcome to our Flutter Kicks Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this Body Weight exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Glute Exercises so you can immediately add to your Glute Workouts, Leg Workouts and other Weight Training Routines.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises yet? See if Flutter Kicks made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Flutter Kicks|
|Equipment Required:||Body Weight Exercise, Bench|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
Flutter Kicks are one of the simplest leg exercises and can be performed anytime, anywhere. This body weight exercise will bring the burn to your hamstring muscles and glutes (gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus).
To Perform This Exercise:
- Lie face down on a bench with your hips on the edge and hold onto the bench with your hands allowing your legs and toes hang down.
- Draw your abs in, squeeze your glutes and hamstrings and straighten your legs until they are level with the hips. This will be your starting position.
- Start the movement by lifting the left leg as high as you can while keeping your hips on the bench.
- Lower the left leg so that it is again parallel with your hips and repeat the movement with your right leg.Alternate legs with each kick for the prescribed number of repetitions.
- Make sure to keep your hips on the bench throughout the exercise and breathe as your normally would.
- Once you are comfortable with the exercise, add ankle weights for additional resistance if desired.
Other Popular Leg Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Lower Body Exercises. These pages link to all of our variations of the most popular leg exercises:
- Calf Raises
- Front Squat
- Hack Squats
- Split Squats
- Step Ups
Now that you’ve seen Flutter Kicks, which primarily target your Glutes, check out all of our different Glute Exercises.
Also view our Leg Exercises Page, which links to our Glute Exercises as well as our Calf Exercises, Hamstring Exercises, and Quadriceps Exercises.
Finally, if you found this page of interest, check out these related pages:
- Best Leg Exercises
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Compound Exercises
- Leg Workouts
- Fat Loss Workouts and Fat Burning Exercises
- Muscle Building Workouts and Strength Training Exercises