Forward Lunge with Bicep Curl
Try this Compound Exercise and Super-Powered Bicep Curl, which Works the Upper and Lower Body
Welcome to our Forward Lunge with Bicep Curl Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this compound exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other weight training exercises.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? How about our best leg exercises? See if this compound exercise made either list!
|Forward Lunge with Bicep Curl
|Quads; Calves; Forearms; Glutes; Hamstrings; Hip Abductors
|Pull (Curl); Push (Lunge); Compound
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This version of the Bicep Curl throws in one of the best leg exercises, the forward lunge.
Due to the bicep curl portion of the exercise, you can only use a limited amount of weight. Therefore, this exercise is primarily a bicep exercise and should be used in fat loss workouts rather than muscle building workouts.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing up.
- Stand with your feet together, your back straight and your abs drawn in and allow your arms to extend down fully to the sides of your body.
- While keeping your body straight, take a step forward then bend your waist and your knee into a lunge. Be careful not to let your back knee drop to the floor.
- As you go into the lunge curl your arms up towards your shoulders contracting your biceps.
- Return to starting position and switch legs.
- Keep your back straight, your shoulders back and your abs drawn in throughout the exercise.
- This exercise should be utilized as a fat burning exercise, rather than a muscle building exercise because you can only use as much weight for the dumbbell lunge as you would normally use for the bicep curl.
Check out some of our other compound exercises that are primarily bicep exercises:
- Bicep Curl With Deadlift
- Bicep Curl Squat
- Lateral Lunge With Bicep Curl
- Bicep Curl with Overhead Extension on Stability Ball
Now that you’ve seen the Forward Lunge with Bicep Curl, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- Weight Training Exercises
- Dumbbell Exercises
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Arm Exercises
- Leg Exercises
- Compound Exercises