Gironda Sternum Chin Ups
This Compound Exercise is a variation of Standard Chin Ups and is one of the Best for building Strength in the Arms and Back
Welcome to our Gironda Sternum Chin Ups Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this compound body weight exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other weight training exercises so you can immediately add to your back workouts, bicep workouts, and other weight training programs.
Have you seen our Best Bicep Exercises list yet? How about our Best Back Exercises? See if this compound exercise made either list!
|Gironda Sternum Chin Ups
|Forearms, Lats, Upper Back
|Pull Up Bar
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Compound Exercise is one of our Body Weight Exercises and is a variation of Standard Chin Ups but focuses more on the lats. Your goal is to touch the Pull Up bar at the sternum (mid chest).
“Chins” are one of the most basic and effective exercises for gaining muscle mass and losing body fat. They are primarily a Bicep Exercise, but also blast your lats and upper back.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Grasp the pull up bar with a shoulder width underhand (palms facing up) grip.
- Hang from the bar with your arms fully extended.
- Pull yourself towards the bar and lean your head back as far as you can by arching your spine.
- Continue pulling so that your collarbone passes the bar and you are able to touch your sternum to the bar.
- Slowly lower yourself back to starting position.
- Your hips and legs should be at a 45 degree angle to the floor as you near the bar.
- Fully extend your arms at the bottom of the exercise before moving to another repetition.
- Hold a dumbbell between your feet for additional resistance.
Check out these other popular Body Weight Exercises:
- Pull Ups
- Climber Pull Ups
- Chin Ups
- Narrow Parallel Grip Chin Ups
Other Weight Training Exercises and Related Sections:
Now that you’ve seen Gironda Sternum Chin Ups, which primarily targets your biceps, check out all of our different Bicep Exercises.
Or, view our Back Exercises Main Page, which links directly to our Lat Exercises as well as our Lower Back Exercises, and Upper Back Exercises.
Final Related Pages:
- Best Bicep Exercises and Best Back Exercises
- Body Weight Exercises
- Compound Exercises
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Bicep Workouts and Back Workout
- Fat Loss Workouts and Fat Burning Exercises
- Muscle Building Workouts and Strength Training Exercises