Hammer Curls with Rope
Try this Version of the Hammer Curl, which uses the Cable to Isolate the Biceps
Welcome to our Hammer Curls with Rope Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the bicep curl using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other bicep exercises so you can immediately add to your bicep workouts.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? See if this bicep exercise made the list.
|Hammer Curls with Rope
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This version of the classic hammer curl uses the ropes and a cable pulley to isolate your biceps.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Attach a rope to a cable pulley to the bottom of the weight stack.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, your knees slightly bent and your abs drawn in while grasping the rope with a close underhand grip (palms facing up).
- Lower your arms fully to above your thighs and bending only your elbows, raise the rope to your upper chest.
- Pause for a moment and then return to the starting position.
- Keep your elbows at your side throughout this exercise.
- Do not swing your hips or back during this exercise.
There are several dumbbell exercises that use the hammer curl motion:
- Hammer Curls
- Alternate Hammer Curl
- Cross Body Hammer Curl
- Preacher Hammer Curl
Now that you’ve seen the Hammer Curls with Rope, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Bicep Workouts and Tricep Workouts
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises