This Compound Exercise is one of the Best Weight Training Exercises for Losing Weight or Building Muscle Mass
Welcome to our Hang Cleans Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this upper and lower body exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Weight Training Exercises so you can immediately add to your next Fat Loss Workout, Muscle Building Workout and other Weight Training Programs.
Have you seen our Best Shoulder Exercises list yet? How about our Best Leg Exercises? See if this compound exercise made either list!
|Exercise Name:||Hang Cleans|
|Delts, Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings,
Lower Back, Quads, Upper Back
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This compound exercise is one of the best weight training exercises for losing weight or building muscle mass. It is an athletic, explosive lift that is also a true test of strength and cardiovascular exercise.
To Perform this Exercise:
- Load a barbell and stand grasping the bar with a shoulder width overhand grip and the bar at the mid thigh position. Your back should be straight and angled forward slightly. This will be your starting position.
- Begin the exercise by dipping your hips slightly, then explosively lifting the bar to shoulder height and extending through the hips, knees and ankles. As you raise the bar, simultaneously shrug your shoulders towards your ears and lower your elbows under the weight.
- Lower the bar to the starting position and repeat.
- Use a very light amount of weight until you are comfortable with the lift.
- Focus on keeping your back straight throughout the lift and concentrating on proper form.
Now that you’ve seen the Hang Cleans, check out all of our different fat burning exercises and strength training exercises. Or, check out some other related pages below.
Final Related Pages:
Check out these other pages of interest:
- Shoulder Exercises and Leg Exercises
- Back Exercises and Best Back Exercises
- Muscle Building Workouts and Strength Training Exercises
- Fat Loss Workouts and Fat Burning Exercises