High Cable Curls
This Bicep Exercise uses a Cable Pulley to Allow you to Target the Muscle From a Different Position.
Welcome to our High Cable Curls Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the bicep curl using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other bicep exercises so you can immediately add to your bicep workouts.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? See if this bicep exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||High Cable Curls|
|Exercise Type:||Pull, Isolation|
|Equipment Required:||Cable; Bench|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This version of the classic bicep curl uses a cable pulley to allow you to target the muscle from a different position.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Place a flat bench next to a cable weigh stack.
- Attach a short bar to the high pulley.
- Lay on your back with your head towards the stack, grip the bar with and overhand grip (palms facing you), and extend your arms fully on a slight angle over your head.
- Pull the bar down towards you, curling your arms as much as possible.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
While there aren’t any variations of the high cable curl, view some of our other cable exercises for your biceps.
Check these out:
- Hammer Curls with Rope
- Lying Bicep Cable Curl
- Lying Close Grip Bicep Cable Curls
- Overhead Cable Curl
- Cable Preacher Curl
- Standing Cable Biceps Curl
Now that you’ve seen High Cable Curls, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Bicep Workouts and Tricep Workouts
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises