This Leg Exercise Strengthens your Hip Flexors Using a Weight Machine
Welcome to our Hip Abduction Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this hip flexor exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other hip flexor exercises so you can immediately add to your Weight Training Programs.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises yet? See if this hip flexor exercise made the list.
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This hip flexor exercise is an isolation exercise that targets only your hip flexors using on weight machine. While this exercise shouldn’t be the basis of you program, it does target an often underdeveloped area. Make sure to also view Hip Adduction as well, which is the opposite motion.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Sit on the weight machine, place your knees against the pads and grasp the handles for support.
- After choosing an amount of weight you are comfortable with, exhale and move your thighs apart by pressing outwards against the pads.
- Pause for a moment then inhale and slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.
Other Popular Leg Exercises
Now that you’ve seen the Hip Abduction exercise, which primarily targets your Hip Flexors, check out all of our different Leg Exercises.
Our Leg Exercises page links directly to our Calf Exercises, Glute Exercises, Hamstring Exercises and Quadriceps Exercises.
Or, check out some of our other popular Lower Body Exercises. These pages link to all of our variations of the most popular leg exercises.
- Calf Raises
- Front Squat
- Hack Squats
- Split Squats
- Step Ups
Final Related Pages:
- Best Leg Exercises
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Leg Workouts
- Fat Loss Workouts and Fat Burning Exercises
- Muscle Building Workouts and Strength Training Exercises