Build Explosive Power with this Advanced Tricep Exercise, which is Similar to the Close Grip Bench Press
Welcome to our JM Press Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this tricep exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Tricep Exercises so you can immediately add to your Arm Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Tricep Exercises yet? See if this Tricep Exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||JM Press|
|Secondary Muscle(s):||Chest, Deltoids|
|Exercise Type:||Push, Compound|
|Equipment Required:||Barbell, Bench|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Weight Training Exercise is a great compound exercise. It is a hybrid combination of the Close Grip Bench Press and Skull Crushers. You’ll be using a loaded barbell on a bench.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Lay on a flat bench with your head just at the end of the bench.
- Grasp the bar with a narrow overhand grip keeping your elbows close to your side, over your upper chest.
- You should set up a little bit further down the bench than you typically would with a normal Bench Press.
- As you lower the bar towards your upper chest allow your elbows to travel forward so that the elbows are forward of the wrists, like the Skull Crushers exercise.
- Pause for a moment just above your chest push the bar back to starting position.
- The bar should move in an arc with the press starting from your sternum and moving above your neck towards the top.
- Get comfortable with the movement using a small amount of weight before beginning your set. Concentrate on feeling the exercise in your triceps
- Keep your elbows close to your body during the exercise.
Additional Tricep Exercises and Variations:
Check out some of our other popular Arm Exercises and Variations:
- Close Grip Bench Press
- Skull Crushers
- Tricep Pushdown
- Tricep Kickback
- Triceps Extension
- Tricep Dips
Now that you’ve seen the JM Press, check out all of our different Tricep Exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Workouts and Bicep Workouts
- Best Tricep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises