This Leg Exercise is one of the simplest Body Weight Exercises and Targets your Hamstring and Glute Muscles
Welcome to our Leg Lifts Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this Body Weight exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Glute Exercises so you can immediately add to your Glute Workouts, Leg Workouts and other Weight Training Routines.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises yet? See if this Glute Exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Leg Lifts|
|Equipment Required:||Body Weight Exercise|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
The Leg Lift is one the most simple body weight exercises and can be performed anytime, anywhere. This leg exercise primarily targets your glutes (gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus) but also hamstring muscles from a standing position.
If you like this glute exercise, make sure to view Flutter Kicks and Single Leg Kickbacks, which are similar to this body weight exercise.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Stand straight up with your feet shoulder width apart and grab a fastened surface such as the top of a bench or a cable tower for support.
- Exhale and lift and kick your left leg behind you in a semicircular arc as high as you comfortably can while keeping the other leg straight.
- Inhale and slowly bring the left leg back to the starting position. Repeat the exercise for the prescribed number of repetitions, then switch legs and repeat.
Other Popular Leg Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Lower Body Exercises. These pages link to all of our variations of the most popular leg exercises:
- Calf Raises
- Flutter Kicks
- Front Squat
- Hack Squats
- Split Squats
- Step Ups
Now that you’ve seen Leg Lifts, which primarily target your Glutes, check out all of our different Glute Exercises.
Also view our Leg Exercises Page, which links to our Glute Exercises as well as our Calf Exercises, Hamstring Exercises, and Quadriceps Exercises.
Finally, if you found this page of interest, check out these related pages:
- Best Leg Exercises
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Compound Exercises
- Leg Workouts
- Fat Loss Workouts and Fat Burning Exercises
- Muscle Building Workouts and Strength Training Exercises