Leg Press Exercise
While there’s no Substitute for Barbell Squats, this Leg Exercise is a Staple for Building Muscle Mass and Strengthening the Legs
Welcome to our Leg Press Exercise Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this lower body exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Leg Exercises so you can immediately add to your Leg Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises yet? See if the Leg Press made the list.
|Leg Press Exercise
|Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings
Exercise Description and Instruction:
The Leg Press Exercise is one of the best exercises that does not use free weights. It targets all the major muscles in your legs using a weight machine and allows you to pile on weight.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Adjust the seat of the machine so that your feet comfortably reach the crosspiece with a slight bend in your knees.
- To begin, press your feet forward at a shoulder width stance and release the safety locks.
- Slowly lower the weight towards your body, keeping your abs drawn in and your knees moving in the same direction as your feet to a 90 degree angle.
- Push the weight forward by extending your legs and pressing upwards while maintaining an equal distribution of weight on your forefoot and heel.
- Lower the weight to the starting position again and repeat.
- Do not lock your knees or bounce the weight.
Other Popular Leg Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Lower Body Exercises. These pages link to all of our variations of the most popular leg exercises:
- Calf Raises
- Front Squat
- Hack Squats
- Split Squats
- Step Ups
Now that you’ve seen the Leg Press Exercise, which primarily targets your Quads, check out all of our different Quadriceps Exercises.
Also view our Leg Exercises Page, which links to our Quadriceps Exercises as well as our Calf Exercises, Glute Exercises and Hamstring Exercises.
Finally, if you found this page of interest, check out these related pages:
- Best Leg Exercises
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Compound Exercises
- Leg Workouts
- Fat Loss Workouts
- Muscle Building Workouts