Lying Close Grip Bicep Cable Curls
Lay Down and use the Cable Pulley to Isolate and keep Tension on your Biceps throught this Bicep Exercise
Welcome to our Lying Close Grip Bicep Cable Curls Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the bicep curl using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other bicep exercises so you can immediately add to your bicep workouts.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? See if this bicep exercise made the list.
|Lying Close Grip Bicep Cable Curls
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This version of the classic bicep curl uses a cable pulley to allow you to lay down and isolate and keep tension on your biceps without standing or sitting.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Place a flat bench under a cable weight stack and attach a short bar to the cable pulley.
- Lie down with your head towards the stack and your feet firmly on the floor.
- Grasp the bar with an overhand grip (palms down) about 8 inches apart, and extend your arms straight up.
- Curl the bar down in an arc touching your chin.
- Pause for a moment contracting your biceps, and then return to the starting position.
View our other lying bicep exercises.
- Lying Bicep Cable Curl
- Lying Supine Bicep Curl
- Lying High Bench Bicep Curl
- Lying Incline Curl
Now that you’ve seen the Lying Close Grip Bicep Cable Curls, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Bicep Workouts and Tricep Workouts
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises