Lying High Bench Bicep Curl
Lay Face down on a Bench during this Barbell Exercise and Isolate your Biceps
Welcome to our Lying High Bench Bicep Curl Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the bicep curl using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other bicep exercises so you can immediately add to your bicep workouts.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? See if this bicep exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Lying High Bench Bicep Curl|
|Exercise Type:||Pull, Isolation|
|Equipment Required:||Barbell, Bench|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This version of the Bicep Curl is done while lying face down on a bench and allowing the weight to hang. By doing so, you’ll use less weight, but can effectively isolate your biceps.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Lay face down on a high bench with your head at one end of the bench and your toes pressed against the floor for support.
- Grasp a barbell with an underhand grip (palms facing up) about 12 inches apart.
- Straighten and extend your arms to the floor
- Curl your arms back towards your head in a slight arc, so your biceps touch your forearm.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
Check out these other lying bicep curl exercises.
- Lying Supine Bicep Curl
- Lying Bicep Cable Curl
- Lying Close Grip Bicep Cable Curl
Now that you’ve seen the Lying High Bench Bicep Curl, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Bicep Workouts and Tricep Workouts
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises