Lying Leg Raise
This Abs Exercise is a Body Weight Exercise that Isolates your Core without Any Equipment
Welcome to our Lying Leg Raise Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to ge the most out of this and other abs exercises so you can immediately add to your abdominal workouts, fat loss workouts, and other workout routines.
Have you checked out or list of the 6 Best Ab Exercises yet? See if this abs exercise made the list!
|Exercise Name:||Lying Leg Raise|
|Equipment Required:||Body Weight Exercise|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Abs Exercise is one of our most popular core exercises and can be done any time, anywhere. The exercise is pictured here on the floor, however you can also do the exercise on a flat bench or hanging from a pull up bar. See Hanging Leg Raises.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Lie on a flat bench or an exercise mat on the floor with your hands under your hips to support your back. If using a bench, your legs should be hanging off the bench from your knees down.
- With your feet together and your toes pointed up, raise your legs straight up towards the ceiling. Keep your legs straight but do not lock your knees.
- Pause at the top and lower your legs back to the starting position in slow controlled manner.
- Do this abs exercise in a slow controlled manner and concentrate on your abs contracting.
Now that you’ve seen the Lying Leg Raise, check out all of our different Abs Exercises. Or, check out some of our most popular abs exercises below and other related pages.
Additional Abs Exercises and Variations:
Check out some of our other popular Abs Exercises and Variations:
- Swiss Ball Jackknife
- Hip Raises
- Bicycle Crunch Exercise
- Side Plank Exercise
- Oblique Crunches and the Decline Oblique Crunch
- Ab Rollout
Check out these other pages of interest:
- Our Chosen 6 Best Ab Exercises
- Fat Loss Workouts and Fat Burning Exercises
- Tips to Lose Weight
- Healthy Diet Tips
- Weight Loss Myths