Lying Supine Bicep Curl
Try this Advanced Bicep Curl Variation to Isolate the Biceps while Laying on a Bench
Welcome to our Lying Supine Bicep Curl Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the Bicep Curl using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other bicep exercises so you can immediately add to your bicep workouts.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? See if this bicep exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Lying Supine Bicep Curl|
|Exercise Type:||Pull, Isolation|
|Equipment Required:||Dumbbell, Bench|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This advanced version of the Bicep Curl is done while lying on a flat bench. It uses dumbbells and the different angle to work a different area of your forearms and biceps.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Lie on a flat bench with your head at one end and your feet planted firmly on the floor.
- With a dumbbell in each hand, palms facing in, bring your arms down to your sides, hanging off the bench.
- Slowly raise your arms up until they are level with your chest, then curl the dumbbells twisting your palms so your forearms touch your biceps.
- Slowly lower your arms to the starting position.
- Practice this dumbbell exercise with very light weight at first to get used to the movement.
Check out these other variations of the bicep curl:
- High Cable Curls
- Seated Inner Bicep Curl
- Lying Incline Curl
- Prone Incline Bicep Curl
Now that you’ve seen the Lying Supine Bicep Curl, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Bicep Workouts and Tricep Workouts
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises