Lying Triceps Extension Across Face
This Tricep Exercise is an Advanced Triceps Extension Variation that uses Dumbbells and Different Motion to Blast the Triceps
Welcome to our Lying Triceps Extension Across Face Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of Triceps Extension using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Tricep Exercises so you can immediately add to your Arm Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Tricep Exercises yet? See if this Tricep Exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Lying Triceps Extension Across Face|
|Exercise Type:||Push, Isolation|
|Equipment Required:||Dumbbell, Bench|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Weight Training Exercise is a variation of Triceps Extension but is done while lying on a bench and has a slightly different movement to isolate your triceps. It is very similar to Single Arm Pronated Triceps Extension.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Lay on a flat bench with your head at one end and your feet panted firmly on the floor.
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing up and raise them over your shoulders.
- While keeping your upper arm and elbow still, lower one dumbbell slowly over your face bending only your elbow.
- Slowly raise the dumbbell back to the starting position by extending your arms and repeat with your other arm.
- Do not perform this exercise if your arms are fatigued as you are lifting the weight over your face. You don’t want to drop a dumbbell on your dome—Ouch
- Practice this exercise with light weight to get used to the movements.
- Keep your elbows in a fixed position throughout the exercise.
Additional Tricep Exercises and Variations:
Check out some of our other popular Arm Exercises and Variations:
- Close Grip Bench Press
- Skull Crushers
- Tricep Pushdown
- Tricep Kickback
- Triceps Extension
- Tricep Dips
Now that you’ve seen the Lying Triceps Extension Across Face, check out all of our different Tricep Exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Workouts and Bicep Workouts
- Best Tricep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises