Machine Incline Bench
This Upper Chest Exercise uses a Weight Machine and Inclined Angle to Work the Upper Head of the Chest Muscles
Welcome to our Machine Incline Bench Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this chest exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Weight Training Exercises so you can immediately add to your Weight Training Programs and next Chest Workout.
Have you seen our Best Chest Exercises list yet? See if this chest exercise made the cut!
|Exercise Name:||Machine Incline Bench|
|Secondary Muscle(s):||Deltoids, Triceps|
|Exercise Type:||Compound, Push|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
Machine Incline Bench is an Upper Chest Exercise that targets the pectoralis minor and the upper head of the pectoralis major from an inclined angle. This bench press variation done on a weight machine.
While we typically prefer free weight exercises, exercises done on a weight machine can be a good change of pace and are often preferred by beginners. There is also no added risk of working out without a spotter if you are on a machine.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Adjust the seat of the machine so that the handles are at shoulder height and choose the appropriate weight.
- Exhale and press the weight forward using your chest muscles by fully extending your arms. Squeeze your chest in the contracted position when your arms are fully extended.
- Pause for a moment then inhale and slowly lower your hands back to starting position.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetitions.
- Keep your shoulders and lower back against the bench at all times during this exercise.
- Do not lock your elbows when your arms are fully extended.
- Complete each repetition in a slow and controlled manner.
Other Popular Upper Body Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Arm Exercises and Variations:
- Close Grip Bench Press
- Bent Over Row
- Dumbbell Bench Press
- Chin Ups and Pull Ups
- Triceps Extension
Now that you’ve seen the Machine Incline Bench exercise, which primarily targets your pectorals, check out all of our different Chest Exercises.
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- Weight Training Exercises
- Chest Exercises Main Page and Best Chest Exercises List
- Muscle Building Workouts
- Fat Loss Workouts