Narrow Stance Hack Squats
This Hack Squats Variation Uses a Weight Machine and Narrow Stance to Blast your Quadriceps, Hamstrings, Glutes, and Calves
Welcome to our Narrow Stance Hack Squats Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of Hack Squats using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Leg Exercises so you can immediately add to your Leg Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises yet? See if this Hack Squats variation made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Narrow Stance Hack Squats|
|Secondary Muscle(s):||Calves, Forearms, Hamstrings, Glutes|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Leg Exercise is a variation of Hack Squats and is done on a weight machine with a more narrow stance to more efficiently target the external muscles.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Lie face up on a Hack Squat machine with your shoulders against the pads and place your feet facing forward about six inches apart.
- Release the dock levers, place your hands on the hand grips, and extend your body by standing upright.
- Lower your body to a squatting position so you knees are bent at a ninety degree angle as if you were sitting down.
- Return to the starting position by extending your knees and hips and pressing upwards while maintaining an equal distribution of weight on your forefoot and heel.
- Repeat the exercise for the prescribed number of sets.
- Practice the hack squats without any weight to allow yourself to become comfortable with the movements.
- Keep your head facing forward, your back straight and your feet flat on the base throughout the exercise. You should maintain equal weight distribution on your forefoot and heel during the lift
Other Popular Leg Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Lower Body Exercises. These pages link to all of our variations of the most popular leg exercises:
- Calf Raises
- Hack Squats
- Split Squats
- Step Ups
Now that you’ve seen Narrow Stance Hack Squats, which primarily target your Quads, check out all of our different Quadriceps Exercises.
Also view our Leg Exercises Page, which links to our Quadriceps Exercises as well as our Calf Exercises, Glute Exercises and Hamstring Exercises.
Finally, if you found this page of interest, check out these related pages:
- Best Leg Exercises
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Compound Exercises
- Leg Workouts
- Fat Loss Workouts
- Muscle Building Workouts