Blast Your Abdominals and Obliques with this Abs Exercise
Welcome to our Oblique Crunches Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to ge the most out of this and other abs exercises so you can immediately add to your abdominal workouts, fat loss workouts, and other workout routines.
Have you checked out or list of the 6 Best Ab Exercises yet? See if this abs exercise made the list!
|Exercise Name:||Oblique Crunches|
|Equipment Required:||Body Weight Exercise|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
Oblique crunches are one of our favorite oblique exercises. While performing the exercise, concentrate on your abs and obliques contracting as you bring your elbow to your alternate knee. For more of a challenge, make sure to view our Decline Oblique Crunch page.
To Perform this Exercise:
- Lie on your back with your feet flat on the floor and bring your knees up to a 60 degree angle.
- Place your hands on either side of your head and curl up raising your right elbow and your left knee so that they touch over your chest.
- Return to the starting position and repeat with alternate arms and legs.
- Drive your shoulder towards your knee and make sure you aren’t extending your elbow to complete the movement.
- Perform this exercise in a slow and controlled manner. Picture your abs crunching like an accordion
- Contract your abs as you twist during this exercise
Now that you’ve learned oblique crunches, check out all of our different abs exercises. Or, view our most popular abs exercises and related pages below.
Additional Abs Exercises and Variations:
Check out some of our other popular Abs Exercises and Variations:
- Swiss Ball Jackknife
- Hip Raises
- Bicycle Crunch Exercise
- Side Plank Exercise
- Ab Rollout
Check out these other pages of interest:
- Our Chosen 6 Best Ab Exercises
- Fat Loss Workouts and Fat Burning Exercises
- Tips to Lose Weight
- Healthy Diet Tips
- Weight Loss Myths