One Arm Bicep Curl with Olympic Bar
This is the Barbell Version of the Alternate Bicep Curl
Welcome to our One Arm Bicep Curl with Olympic Bar Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the bicep curl using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other bicep exercises so you can immediately add to your bicep workouts.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? See if this bicep exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||One Arm Bicep Curl with Olympic Bar|
|Exercise Type:||Pull, Isolation|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This version of the Bicep Curl uses the same motion as the Alternate Bicep Curl to isolate your biceps. However, this bicep exercises uses a barbell rather than dumbbells. Stabilizing the barbell adds additional resistance and works other muscles of the arm.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Grasp an Olympic bar (empty weight bar) in the middle with one hand so that the bar is equally balanced.
- While keeping your free hand at your side for support, curl the bar up so your forearm touches your bicep.
- Slowly lower the bar, complete the prescribed number of repetitions and change arms.
- Practice steady movements in this exercise, be careful not to let your arms sway.
- Focus on your bicep contracting and keeping your elbow in a locked position.
Check out these other bicep curl exercise varations:
- Bicep Curl
- Alternate Hammer Curl
- Concentration Curl
- Alternate Incline Curl
Now that you’ve seen the One Arm Bicep Curl with Olympic Bar, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Bicep Workouts and Tricep Workouts
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises