Preacher Bar Curl
This Barbell Bicep Exercise Utilizes a Preacher Curl Bench to Support your Triceps and Isolate your Biceps
Welcome to our Preacher Bar Curl Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the bicep curl using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other bicep exercises so you can immediately add to your bicep workouts.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? See if this bicep exercise made the list.
|Preacher Bar Curl
|Barbell, Preacher Curl Bench
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This version of the Bicep Curl is done on a preacher curl bench, which supports your triceps and allows you to isolate your biceps from a different angle.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Adjust the seat of the bench so your arms are level with the top of the preacher curl bench.
- Grasp the bar with an underhand (palms facing up) shoulder width grip.
- Picking up the bar, rest your arms against the bench and extend them fully.
- Keeping your arms on the bench at all times, curl the bar up towards your head.
- Pause for a moment and then lower the bar back to starting position.
- Do not allow your elbows to come off of the bench.
- To keep tension on your biceps, do not extend fully at the bottom of the exercise.
- Focus on your bicep contracting.
Check out these other preacher curl variations:
- One Arm Preacher Curl
- Cable Preacher Curl
- Spider Bicep Curl
- Zottman Preacher Curl
Now that you’ve seen the Preacher Bar Curl, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Bicep Workouts and Tricep Workouts
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises