Preacher Hammer Curl
This Bicep Exercise uses Dumbbells, Preacher Curl Bench, and a Hammering Motion to Isolate your Biceps
Welcome to our Preacher Hammer Curl Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the bicep curl using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other bicep exercises so you can immediately add to your bicep workouts.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? See if this bicep exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Preacher Hammer Curl|
|Exercise Type:||Pull, Isolation|
|Equipment Required:||Dumbbells; Preacher Curl Bench|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Bicep Exercise is one of our dumbbell exercises and utilizes a Preacher Curl Bench and hammering motion to work a slightly different area of your biceps and forearms than the standard Dumbbell Bicep Curl.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Adjust the seat of the bench so your arms are level with the top of the bench.
- Grasp a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing each other, shoulder width apart and extend your arms fully along the bench.
- While keeping your arms and elbows on the bench at all times, curl the dumbbells up towards your dome.
- Pause for a moment and then lower the bar back to starting position and repeat the prescribed number of repetitions.
- Keep your palms facing each other throughout the exercise.
- Keep your elbows in locked positions and do not raise them off of the preacher curl bench.
Check out these preacher curl variations.
- Cable Preacher Curl
- Bicep Hammer Curl
- Zottman Preacher Curl
- Cross Body Hammer Curl
Now that you’ve seen the Preacher Hammer Curl, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Bicep Workouts and Tricep Workouts
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises