Reverse Grip Triceps Pushdown
This Tricep Exercise is a Variation of the Triceps Pushdown that Uses a Reverse Grip
Welcome to our Reverse Grip Triceps Pushdown Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the Triceps Pushdown using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Tricep Exercises so you can immediately add to your Arm Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Tricep Exercises yet? See if this Tricep Exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Reverse Grip Triceps Pushdown|
|Exercise Type:||Push, Isolation|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Weight Training Exercise is a variation of the Triceps Pushdown, but targets another area of your triceps using a reverse grip. Get comfortable with the movement before adding significant weight.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Stand in front of a cable machine and attach a bar to a high pulley.
- Grasp the handle with a supinated (palms facing up) grip.
- Wile keeping your elbows at your side, pull the handle down towards your thighs.
- Pause for a moment and then return to the starting position.
- Try staggering one foot in front of the other if you are having trouble keeping your balance.
Additional Arm Exercises and Variations:
Check out some of our other popular Arm Exercises and Variations:
- Triceps Extensions
- Skull Crushers
- Tricep Dips
- Close Grip Bench Press
- Bicep Curl
- Chin Ups
The arm exercises shown above are classic tricep exercises.
Now that you’ve seen the Reverse Grip Triceps Pushdown, check out all of our different Tricep Exercises.
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Cable Exercises
- Best Tricep Exercise
- Arm Exercises
- Bicep Exercises