Seated Cable Row
Add this Popular Lat and Upper Back Exercise to your Weight Training Programs and next Back Workout
Welcome to our Seated Cable Row Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this lat and upper back exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Back Exercises so you can immediately add to your Weight Training Programs and next Back Workout.
Have you seen our Best Back Exercises list yet? See if this row variation made the list!
|Exercise Name:||Seated Cable Row|
|Main Muscle:||Upper Back|
|Secondary Muscle(s):||Lats, Biceps, Deltoids, Trapezius|
|Exercise Type:||Compound, Pull|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
The Seated Cable Row is a variation Bent Over Rows done on a cable pulley. This is one of the best cable exercises and allows you to pile on weight and blast your lat and upper back muscles as well as your biceps. Make sure to view Dumbbell Rows, which hit the same areas.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Sit at a low pulley machine with your feet resting against the footrests and your knees slightly bent. You should be in an upright position with your abs tight, your back straight, and your torso perpendicular to the bench.
- Lean forward slightly and grasp the pulleys then push backwards with your legs to return to your upright position.
- While keeping your elbows close to your chest and your back straight, pull the handle to your body by contracting your arms and pulling your shoulder blades together.
- Pause for a moment then inhale and slowly return to the starting position by extending your arms fully.
- Repeat for the desired number of repetiions.
- Keep your back straight throughout this exercise and your feet planted firmly on the floor.
- Concentrate on squeezing your shoulder blades together as you row.
- Perform each row in a slow and controlled manner using only your arms and back.
Other Weight Training Exercises and Related Sections
Now that you’ve seen the Seated Cable Row exercise, which primarily targets your upper back muscles, check out all of our different Upper Back Exercises.
Or, view our Back Exercises Main Page and link directly to our Upper Back Exercises as well as our Lat Exercises and Lower Back Exercises.
Final Related Pages
- Best Back Exercises
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Back Workout
- Cable Exercises
- Fat Loss Workouts and Fat Burning Exercises
- Muscle Building Workouts and Strength Training Exercises