Seated Close Grip Concentration Curl
This is the Barbell, Close-Grip Version of the Dumbbell Concentration Curl
Welcome to our Seated Close Grip Concentration Curl Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the bicep curl using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other bicep exercises so you can immediately add to your bicep workouts.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? See if this bicep exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Seated Close Grip Concentration Curl|
|Exercise Type:||Pull, Isolation|
|Equipment Required:||Barbell, Bench|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This version of the Concentration Curl uses a barbell rather than dumbbells and a close grip to isolate a different area of your biceps.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Sit on the end of a flat bench with your feet flat and your legs spread in a V.
- Bend forward at your waist keeping your back straight.
- Grasp a barbell in your hands with your palms facing up and a close grip (4-6 inches apart).
- With your elbow pressed against your inner thigh just above your knee, curl the bar up towards your chest.
- Slowly lower the bar to the starting position near the floor.
- Do not allow your elbow to raise off of your thigh or move from its original position.
- Focus on your bicep contracting and keeping the rest of your body still.
Check out these other bicep curl exercise varations:
- Bicep Curl
- Alternate Hammer Curl
- Concentration Curl
- Alternate Incline Curl
Now that you’ve seen the Seated Close Grip Concentration Curl, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Bicep Workouts and Tricep Workouts
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises