Side Split Squatss
This version of Split Squats works the Hip Adductors as well as your Major Leg Muscles in a Different Motion helping Build Better Core Strength
Welcome to our Side Split Squats Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this split squats variation using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Leg Exercises so you can immediately add to your Leg Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises yet? See if this split squats variation made the list.
|Side Split Squats
|Calves, Glutes, Hamstrings, Hip Adductors
Exercise Description and Instruction:
Side Split Squats are different than most squats and split squats variations as you will isolate one leg at a time and have work laterally as well as up and down. This weight training exercise is a great exercise for strengthening the hip adductors, which can be overlooked in most workout routines.
***Below the exercise is pictured showing the squat to each side. Know that the exercise should be done one leg at a time and the first step is to stand with your feet wide apart and the foot of the lead leg angled to the side.***
To Perform This Exercise:
- Place a barbell across your back on your shoulders and grasp the bar on each side with a grip that is comfortable.
- Stand with your feet wide apart and the foot of the lead leg angled to the side.
- Lower your body toward your lead leg and angled foot by bending at the knee and hip of that leg while keeping your opposite leg only slightly bent.
- Return to original standing position by extending hip and knee lead leg.
- Repeat the prescribed number of repetitions, then switch legs.
- Practice the squats without any weight to allow yourself to become comfortable with the movements.
- Keep torso upright and knee of lead leg pointed same direction of foot.
Other Popular Leg Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Lower Body Exercises. These pages link to all of our variations of the most popular leg exercises:
- Calf Raises
- Front Squat
- Hack Squats
- Split Squats
- Step Ups
Now that you’ve seen Side Split Squats, which primarily targets your Quads, check out all of our different Quadriceps Exercises.
Also view our Leg Exercises Page, which links to our Quadriceps Exercises as well as our Calf Exercises, Glute Exercises and Hamstring Exercises.
Finally, if you found this page of interest, check out these related pages:
- Best Leg Exercises
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Compound Exercises
- Leg Workouts
- Fat Loss Workouts
- Muscle Building Workouts