Single-Arm Bent Over Row
Add this Bent Over Row Variation and Upper Back Exercise to your next Back Workout and other Weight Training Programs
Welcome to our Single-Arm Bent Over Row Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this lat and upper back exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Back Exercises so you can immediately add to your next Back Workout and other Weight Training Programs.
Have you seen our Best Back Exercises list yet? See if this Bent Over Row made the list!
|Single-Arm Bent Over Row
|Lats, Biceps, Deltoids, Trapezius
Exercise Description and Instruction:
The Single-Arm Bent Over Row is a great exercise and variation of the Bent Over Row (Barbell Rows). It is also very similar to Dumbbell Rows, but is done from a standing position so you’re forced to maintain your position without the assistance of a bench.
To get the best results, concentrate on completing the exercise in a slow and controlled manner and pulling your shoulder blade inward as you row the weight.
- Keep your back straight throughout this exercise and your feet planted firmly on the floor.
- Concentrate on squeezing your shoulder blade inward as row and concentrate on moving the weight with your upper back and lats.
- Perform each row in a slow and controlled manner using only your arm and back.
Other Weight Training Exercises and Related Sections
Now that you’ve seen the Single-Arm Bent Over Row exercise, which primarily targets your upper back muscles, check out all of our different Upper Back Exercises.
Or, view our Back Exercises Main Page and link directly to our Upper Back Exercises as well as our Lat Exercises and Lower Back Exercises.
Final Related Pages
- Best Back Exercises
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Back Workout
- Dumbbell Exercises
- Fat Loss Workouts and Fat Burning Exercises
- Muscle Building Workouts and Strength Training Exercises