Single Arm Pronated Triceps Extension
This Tricep Exercise is an Advanced Triceps Extension Variation that uses a Slightly Different Movement to Isolate the Triceps
Welcome to our Single Arm Pronated Triceps Extension Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of Triceps Extension using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Tricep Exercises so you can immediately add to your Arm Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Tricep Exercises yet? See if this Tricep Exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Single Arm Pronated Triceps Extension|
|Exercise Type:||Push, Isolation|
|Equipment Required:||Dumbbell, Bench|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Weight Training Exercise is a variation of Triceps Extension but uses a slightly different movement to isolate your triceps. It is similar to the Single Arm Supinated Triceps Extension but begins across the body rather than behind the head.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Lie flat on a bench with your head at one end and your feet placed firmly on the floor.
- Grasp a dumbbell in one hand and raise it to a position above your chest with your palms facing your feet.
- Place your free hand around the elbow to support your active arm.
- Slowly lower the weight moving only your forearm and elbow towards then away from your chest.
- Repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions before switching arms.
- Practice this exercise with light weight to get used to the movements.
- Keep your elbow in a fixed position throughout the exercise.
Additional Tricep Exercises and Variations:
Check out some of our other popular Arm Exercises and Variations:
- Close Grip Bench Press
- Skull Crushers
- Tricep Pushdown
- Tricep Kickback
- Triceps Extension
- Tricep Dips
Now that you’ve seen the Single Arm Pronated Triceps Extension, check out all of our different Tricep Exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Workouts and Bicep Workouts
- Best Tricep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises