Single Leg Kickbacks
This Leg Exercise is done on the Cable Pulley and Targets your Hamstring and Glute Muscles
Welcome to our Single Leg Kickbacks Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this Leg Exercise using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Glute Exercises so you can immediately add to your Glute Workouts, Leg Workouts and other Weight Training Routines.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises yet? See if Single Leg Kickbacks made the list.
|Single Leg Kickbacks
|Cable Pulley, Ankle Cuff
Exercise Description and Instruction:
Single Leg Kickbacks are one of our cable exercises that target your glutes (gluteus maximus, gluteus medius, and gluteus minimus) and hamstring muscles. This leg exercise and Flutter Kicks are as close as it gets to an isolation glute exercise.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Attach an ankle cuff to a low cable pulley and attach the cuff to your left ankle.
- Stand facing the weight stack and grasp the Cable tower for support.
- With your knees slightly bent and your abs drawn in, slowly “kick” your left leg back in a semicircular arc as high as you comfortable can as you exhale.
- Slowly bring your left leg back to the starting position and repeat for the prescribed number of repetitions.
- Repeat the set with your right leg.
Other Popular Leg Exercises:
Check out some of our other popular Lower Body Exercises. These pages link to all of our variations of the most popular leg exercises:
- Calf Raises
- Front Squat
- Hack Squats
- Leg Lifts
- Split Squats
- Step Ups
Now that you’ve seen Single Leg Kickbacks, which primarily target your Glutes, check out all of our different Glute Exercises.
Also view our Leg Exercises Page, which links to our Glute Exercises as well as our Calf Exercises, Hamstring Exercises, and Quadriceps Exercises.
Finally, if you found this page of interest, check out these related pages:
- Best Leg Exercises
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Compound Exercises
- Leg Workouts
- Fat Loss Workouts and Fat Burning Exercises
- Muscle Building Workouts and Strength Training Exercises