This Tricep Exercise is a Classic Triceps Extension Variation that uses a Barbell or EZ Curl Bar to Blast the Triceps
Welcome to our Skull Crushers Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of Triceps Extension using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other Tricep Exercises so you can immediately add to your Arm Workouts.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Tricep Exercises yet? See if this Tricep Exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Skull Crushers|
|Exercise Type:||Push, Isolation|
|Equipment Required:||Barbell or EZ Curl Bar, Bench|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Weight Training Exercise is a classic variation of Triceps Extension but uses a barbell and slightly different movement to isolate your triceps. It is very similar to Barbell Reverse Triceps Extension but presses from just above your forehead rather than behind your head and uses an overhand grip.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Lie on a flat bench with your head at one end and your feet firmly on the floor.
- Grasp an EZ Curl Bar or Barbell with an overhand grip.
- Raise the bar straight up over your shoulders, keeping your elbows close in.
- Slowly lower the bar in an arc and stop just above over your head.
- Return the bar to the starting position by fully extending your arms and bending at the elbows. Concentrate on your triceps moving the weight.
- Practice this exercise with light weight to get used to the movements.
- Keep your elbows in a fixed position throughout the exercise.
Additional Tricep Exercises and Variations:
Check out some of our other popular Arm Exercises and Variations:
- Close Grip Bench Press
- Tricep Pushdown
- Tricep Kickback
- Triceps Extension
- Tricep Dips
Now that you’ve seen Skull Crushers, check out all of our different Tricep Exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- Weight Training Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Exercises Main Page
- Tricep Workouts and Bicep Workouts
- Best Tricep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises