Smith Machine Reverse Calf Raises
This Calves Exercise hits the Tibialis Anterior, one of the muscles of the calves.
Welcome to our Smith Machine Reverse Calf Raise Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do Smith Machine Reverse Calf Raises using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other calf exercises.
Have you checked out our list of the Best Leg Exercises yet? See if the Smith Machine Reverse Calf Raises made the cut!
|Exercise Name:||Smith Machine Reverse Calf Raises|
|Equipment Required:||Smith Machine|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This is a Unique Exercise that work the Tibialis Anterior Muscle, one of the muscles of the calves. The tibialis runs up the front and side of your leg below your knee and above your ankle.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Place a block or low box under the bar at a Smith Machine.
- Stand on the edge of the box with your toes hanging off placing the bar across your shoulders
- Lean forward and lift your ankles off the box.
- Return to the starting position.
- Use the bar for support as you perform this exercise.
- Add variety and additional resistance by placing a dumbbell between your feet and/or moving your heels closer to the edge.
Now that you’ve seen Smith Machine Reverse Calf Raises, check out all of our different calf exercises.
Or, if you’re through with calves but want to access more exercises that work your foundation, head to our leg exercises hub and link to our hamstring exercises, quadriceps exercises, and glute exercises.
You’ve seen the exercises. Now access all of the best workout routines.
Start at our Home Page.