Spider Bicep Curl
This Bicep Exercise uses a Barbell, Close Grip and the Straight Side of a Preacher Curl Bench to Isolate your Biceps
Welcome to our Spider Bicep Curl Exercise Instruction Guide!
On this page you’ll learn how to do this version of the bicep curl using the correct technique. Below you’ll find pictures, exercise instructions, and tips on how to get the most out of this and other bicep exercises so you can immediately add to your bicep workouts.
Have you checked out our best bicep exercises yet? See if this bicep exercise made the list.
|Exercise Name:||Spider Bicep Curl|
|Exercise Type:||Pull, Isolation|
|Equipment Required:||Barbell, Preacher Curl Bench|
Exercise Description and Instruction:
This Bicep Exercise is one of our barbell exercises. It uses the straight side of the preacher curl bench and a close grip to work a slightly different area of your biceps and forearms than the standard Bicep Curl.
To Perform This Exercise:
- Turn a Preacher Curl bench around so you are leaning against the angled side.
- Grasp a barbell with a close (6 inch) palms up grip.
- Leaning against the bench, lower the bar along the flat side of the bench fully extending your arms.
- Curl your arms up so your biceps are touching your forearms.
- Slowly lower the bar to the starting position.
- Keep your elbows in locked positions and do not raise them off of the preacher curl bench.
- Use a low weight to get used to the motion of this exercise.
Check out these other popular bicep curl variations:
- Cable Preacher Curl
- Bicep Curl
- Bicep Hammer Curl
- Concentration Curl
Now that you’ve seen the Spider Bicep Curl, check out all of our different bicep exercises.
Final Related Pages:
Or, check out these other pages of interest:
- All Weight Training Exercises
- Bicep Workouts and Tricep Workouts
- Best Bicep Exercises
- Barbell Exercises / Body Weight Exercises / Cable Exercises / Dumbbell Exercises